Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I Love Being at Home

in thinking about the title of my blog, Various Thoughts from the Homefront, I was reflecting on how much I enjoy being at home.

It seems like almost every time I leave my house, things get stressful for me.  Not that things are always so peaceful at home all the time, but there is an element of peace in just being in the place where we have the things we need, we feel free and known, there is no rush to get anywhere, and we are at HOME.

The comparison with our Father is obvious I think... but as I went to bed last night, I realized God wants to take me into a deeper revelation of knowing Him as Father, and the peace and freedom in that relationship, that He truly is my HOME.  The place where I have all I need, the place where I am free and known, the place where there is no rush to get anywhere, the place of peace and comfort...

Abba, thank You for being my true home.  The place I can come to and crawl up in your lap and just be...

No comments:

Post a Comment