Friday, October 14, 2011

Trust & Rest

Right up there with the concept of Be Still and Know is the Kingdom truth of Trust and Rest

I've learned that a vital component to the Christian life is trust
faith and trust are very similar, if not almost exact synonyms...
and we all know how important faith is in the life of a believer

but trusting in the Lord seems to be a more specified type of faith, the type of faith where we are really resting in God and in who He is and what He has told us... we are trusting Him, instead of fearing and striving and worrying

There are so many millions of things in this world to worry about or be afraid of.  As a mom, it can be so easy to start to get anxious about all the bad things that could happen to my children or the crazy world that they are growing up in.  But anxiety about these things accomplishes nothing other than to rob my peace and joy...

So, I return to the bedrock truth of the fact that no matter what, I must lean on the Lord Jesus Christ and put my trust in Him alone.

Thank You Jesus, that in a fallen world full of sin and junk, You are trustworthy.  Though this world will fail me, You will never fail me, and I can trust in You.

No comments:

Post a Comment